A new plan for Wednesday March 10th. I get to have a Myocardial Perfusion Scan.
I glossed over one of the things that happened right at the end of my last Friday’s meeting with the CAR-T coordinator. “You may have had a heart attack so we want to get a cardiology consult”. Whoa, news to me!
The MRI of my heart done back on February 1st apparently showed some “issues” and this is the first I’m hearing about it. Anyway, they have consulted with a cardiologist and they have requested yet another test, this Myocardial Perfusion Scan, more specifically a Exercise Sestamibi Test.
This test will take 4-5 hours and as a result of this new twist, chemotherapy has been pushed back one day so its now happening on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. So far, the admission (March 16th) and infusion (March 17th) dates are holding. The test is in another building in the UHN complex so I’ll get to explore the Toronto Western Hospital which is roughly in the same city block as the other hospitals I’ve been cruising through.
I’ve got to admit it’s getting harder to “go with the flow”, “roll with the punches” etc. So far, no details on the specific reasons driving the test, if the heart issue is serious or not, if it will affect the CAR-T process or not. It could be just a precaution, after all they have checked virtually every other part of my body. Hopefully, some better answers in the days ahead.
To top it all off I can’t have any coffee until the test is complete!